Top Alternatives to Labelbox
Labelbox is a popular data labeling platform, offering tools for various industries and use cases.
Labelbox labels data like images, text, and documents, making it a good choice for AI and machine learning projects. Key features include data labeling, quality assurance, integration with machine learning frameworks and data management tools, and an intuitive interface.
Yet, Labelbox does come with its own set of constraints, including issues with native video rendering, restricted DICOM compatibility, and a pricing structure that may not adapt effectively to scalability.
For these reasons, we will explore alternatives to Labelbox.
Encord is a leading alternative platform to build annotation workflows, curate visual data, find and fix data errors, and monitor model performance.
Key Features and Benefits of Encord:
- Encord is a state-of-the-art AI-assisted labeling and workflow tooling platform enriched by micro-models, ideal for various annotation and labeling use cases, QA workflows, and training computer vision models.
- Specifically designed for computer vision applications, Encord offers native support for a wide array of annotation types, such as bounding box, polygon, polyline, instance segmentation, keypoints, classification, and much more.
- Encord provides use-case-specific annotations, ranging from native DICOM and NIfTI annotations for medical imaging to specialized features catering to SAR (Synthetic Aperture Radar) data in geospatial applications.
- Integrated MLOps workflows for computer vision and machine learning teams — to detect edge cases and gaps in your training data and generate augmented data to improve label quality.
- Streamlined collaboration, annotator management, and quality assurance workflows facilitate precise tracking of annotator performance and elevate label quality.
- Robust security functionality — label audit trails, encryption, FDA, CE Compliance, and HIPAA compliance.
- An advanced Python SDK and API access, coupled with effortless export capabilities in JSON and COCO formats, enhance flexibility and integration with external systems.
- Auto-find and fix dataset biases and errors like outliers, duplication, and labeling mistakes.
- Integrated tagging for data and labels, including outlier tagging.
- Employs quality metrics (data, label, and model) to assess and improve ML pipeline performance across data curation, data labeling, and model training.
iMerit is a data labeling service provider known for its annotations and management solutions. Unlike traditional labeling platforms, iMerit offers a service-based approach to data annotation.
iMerit Key Features and Benefits
- Customizable solution for annotation, analysis, categorization, segmentation needs.
- Get insights from metrics such as the annotator's working hours, the number of objects per hour and more.
- iMerit also provides a free trial for it’s users, but has no mention of it’s pricing plan on it’s website.
- iMerit’s user interface may be less intuitive and user-friendly for beginners.
TELUS International, formerly Playment, is a Labelbox alternative that focuses on specialized data labeling services, offering features tailored to specific use cases, ensuring user comfort.
TELUS International Key Features and Benefits
- TELUS International allows the creation of custom data labeling workflows, ensuring that even the most specialized projects can be accommodated.
- The platform has review and feedback loops to maintain the accuracy of annotations.
- CX support in 50+ languages across all traditional and digital channels.
- Integration with other tools and platforms, allows workflow management and collaboration.
- These features allow to accommodate the growing needs of businesses, ensuring that the platform can handle increasing data volumes and complexity.
- There are limited integration options with other third-party software and systems, which may hinder the ability to streamline processes across different platforms.
- Potential challenges in adapting to the training data platform's interface and functionalities, requiring additional training datasets and support for users to fully utilize its capabilities.
CVAT, or Computer Vision Annotation Tool, is an open-source platform tailored for data annotation, particularly in the field of computer vision. It stands out as a community-driven solution for data labeling.
CVAT's Key Features and Benefits
- It's a fantastic choice for startups, research projects, and academic initiatives, thanks to its open-source nature.
- CVAT is a cost-effective and highly adaptable alternative to Labelbox
- Being open-source, CVAT encourages community contributions and customization. It's a collaborative tool, making it accessible for a wide range of users, from newbies to pro.
- The process of dataset curation, annotation, training, and dataset improvement is the heart of data-centric AI.
- CVAT has capabilities for bounding boxes, polygons, and keypoint labeling.
- Users can adapt CVAT to their specific needs, through custom plugins, tailored workflows, or support for new data types.
- While CVAT offers a wide range of annotation tools, it does not have all the advanced features that some users may require for their specific annotation tasks.
Discuss this blog on Slack
Join the Encord Developers community to discuss the latest in computer vision, machine learning, and data-centric AIJoin the community
Software To Help You Turn Your Data Into AI
Forget fragmented workflows, annotation tools, and Notebooks for building AI applications. Encord Data Engine accelerates every step of taking your model into production.