How to Review Encord on G2
One of the most popular sites for researching business software is G2. It features reviews of any kind of software you can think of, allowing people to read reviews from their peers and get a better understanding of what the best software solution is for them.
This also applies to the world of computer vision and machine learning. And for us at Encord, we really want the computer vision community to know how good Encord is. That’s why we’re asking Encord users (whether you’re involved in annotation, data operations or machine learning) to head over to G2 and leave us a review.
Not only does it help us get in front of a wider group of people, but it also helps the machine learning and computer vision community find out about Encord.
Leaving a review doesn’t take long - follow the steps below and you’ll have your review up in no time!
Step 1: Registration
- Follow this link and then click on the blue button that says ‘Continue to Login’
- You’ll be asked to sign in. If you’ve got a G2 account, use that. Otherwise, click on ‘Business Email’ or LinkedIn to create your account
- On the next screen enter your first name, last name, choose a password and press ‘Create an Account’. You’ll be sent to a page where you need to enter a verification code.
- This code will be sent to your email address. You need to go into your email, find the email with this code and then come back to this page to enter the code.
- Once you’re in G2 you’ll need to set up your profile. Then you’ll be able to carry on submitting your review (if you need to come back to it, use this link to start the review process again)
Step 2. Submitting Your Review
- Rate Encord on a scale of 1 - 10. These reviews are really important to us, so if you don’t feel we rate a 9 or a 10, please reach out to us first so we can address whatever problems you’re experiencing on the platform.
- Then add a short title for your review and fill out the sections ‘what do you like best’ and ‘what do you dislike’. (Take a look at these positive reviews for inspiration). You only need to enter 40 characters, but more is definitely better! And if you have any major dislikes, please speak to us first - we might be able to help or show you a feature you’ve missed
- Select your primary role when using Encord
- Once you’ve filled out these sections the button in the bottom right will turn green. Click on this.
- You’ll then see the following screen
- The more categories you select for the ‘For which purposes do you use Encord’ question, the more questions you’ll have to answer. So if you’ve only got time for one, please select ‘data labeling’.
- For ‘What problems is Encord solving…’ you need to enter 160 characters - about two sentences.
- For the next questions, if you don’t think we’re headed in the right direction or if you don’t think we deserve a 6 or 7, please talk to us. As with the other questions, we can work together to address whatever issue you’re having with ease of use or support.
- Then click on the button in the bottom right once it turns green
- On the next page, there’s a couple of obligatory questions (with the red asterisk). The most complicated one is ‘Are you a current user of Encord?’. Your answer to this should be yes. You’ll then need to show that you’re a current user of Encord by uploading a screenshot of your account in Encord.
- For the screenshot, you need to open up a new window in your browser and go to https://app.encord.com/settings (it may prompt you to login to the platform). It should look like this (in dark mode)
- Then take a screenshot of this screen. There’s two ways to do this depending on whether you’re using a PC or Mac.
PC INSTRUCTIONS 1. Go to the Start menu, search for ‘Snipping Tool’ and click on the result 2. Once you’re in the Snipping Tool press click the ‘new’ button in the top left 3. Draw around the whole of the ‘Settings’ screen in Encord (see example screenshot below) 4. Then click the three dots in the top right corner of the snipping tool and save the snip to your desktop (or anywhere else you can find it) MAC INSTRUCTIONS 1. Press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 4. 2. Drag the crosshair to select the area of the screen to capture and let go 3. The image will be saved to your Mac’s desktop 4. To upload the screenshot you’ve taken click on the blue button that says ‘Upload Screenshot’ and find the screenshot on your computer
- Once you’ve uploaded your screenshot, you can answer the remaining optional questions (there’s one obligatory question at the bottom). Once you’ve answered all the obligatory questions and uploaded your screenshot, the button in the bottom right will turn green.
- On the next screen, there’s a couple of obligatory questions, and the rest are optional.
- Company name is one obligatory question. Please make sure you enter the name of the company you’re using Encord in the question ‘At which organization did you most recently use Encord?’ and then put the company’s website address in the question below so that G2 can find your company.
- The next obligatory question is ‘What is your industry when using this product?’. Just start typing in here and you’ll see a list of industries that you can select from.
- There’s three obligatory questions at the bottom of the list - they’re self-explanatory but need to be answered before you can submit your review.
- Once all the required questions have been answered, you’ll see two buttons appear in the bottom right. You don’t need to click on the green one, but can click on the white one that says ‘Submit My Review’.
That’s it, you’re done! We really appreciate you taking the time to review Encord to tell the rest of the world how great the platform is. Even one positive review really helps us, so from the whole Encord team, thank you!